I am a big fan of these two great boxers, Manny Pacquiao and Ricky Hatton. I have nothing but great admiration for Ricky Hatton, even before he fought Manny Pacquiao. I have seen him in his best fights and he's an awesome boxer. Last night, May 2, 2009, the much awaited boxing fight was held at the MGM Grand Las Vegas at Las Vegas, Nevada, United States. Watch the video below.
I will always be a fan of Ricky Hatton even though a handful of his excited fans booed our Philippine anthem. I know that those disrespectful fans didn't represent an entire people. Ricky Hatton is an awesome fighter, as well as boxing's pound-for-pound champion, Manny Pacquiao. They just didn't match well. Obviously Pacquiao emerge superior and Ricky Hatton was unable to hold for very long . I wish the other fans of Ricky Hatton will stop being sour losers. Ricky Hatton was more gracious in defeat than his bitter fans. It's only a boxing fight. We all know that Ricky Hatton is a very good fighter. It's just that, unless it's a draw, only one will be declared winner.
Life's Journey says, "Mabuhay Ka Manny Pacquiao!" and for Ricky Hatton, "you will always be remembered as one of the great boxing fighters"
Well, what else can I say? I am a huge fan of both, Manny Pacquiao and Ricky Hatton.
I was watching online videos and got so surprised about this Britain’s Got Talent contestant named Susan Boyle singing ‘I Dream A Dream’ from Les Miserables. She remind me of that an unassuming mobile phone salesman named Paul Potts who also wowed judges and audience alike in 2007.
There are really a lot of talented people out there, who just don't have the right opportunity to showcase their talent and be discovered.
Watch her amazing performance below and see why judge Piers Morgan said; her "stunning" performance was "the biggest surprise I've had in three years of this show". Play the video.
Since its April Fool's Day, I thought of sharing some quotations about foolishness and fools. These are what famous intellectuals had to say.
According to Plato, a classical Greek philosopher and famous Mathematician,
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
If you still recall, Plato is a student of Socrates, one of the founders of Western philosophy. Plato is also the mentor of Aristotle, another popular philosopher and great ancient Mathematician who said,
"There is a foolish corner in the brain of the wisest man."
One of the founding fathers of the United States of America, the popular author, activist, statesman, diplomat and scientist, Benjamin Franklin said,
"Wise men don't need advise, fools don't take it."
And if you think you're wise enough, Don't be too confident because you may be wrong. Here's an African Proverb for you.
"A wise man never knows all, only fools know everything."
So you still think you know everything? William Shakespear, an English poet and playwright who is widely regarded as the greatest writer in the English language and the world's preeminent dramatist said,
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."
Enjoy your day. If you wish to pull some silly pranks to your friends and love ones, remember what Abraham Lincoln said,
"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."
Don't let your humor leave a sour taste this April Fool's Day.
If you would like to read more quotes about fools, visit this fools quotations page and have fun!
Check out this beautiful gallery of Asian Shaved Ice. They all look enticing, perfect delight on a scorching hot day. Shave ice is a mixes the delicious refreshment of ice cream with great tasting variety of colored sweets and fruits. Some people flavor it with sweetened syrup of various colours and flavours, some uses milk while others uses red bean sauce. The Filipinos call it Halo-Halo (literally means "mix-mix"), Singaporeans call it Ice Kachang, Koreans call their shaved ice as Bingsu, kakigori for Japanese while for Taiwanese it’s called baobing. Thailand's Nam Kang Sai has it's toppings or delicious mixes in the bottom and the shaved ice is on the top. Asian Shaved Ice has different mixed ingredients per Asian country, yet they're somewhat similar and they're all deliciously addicting.
Do you eat this kind of dessert? What's your favorite Ice treats flavour?
I got me books to read. I ordered two of these books at Amazon.com last month but for some reason, I believed the first package got lost. I had a tracking number and it showed where the book was but after certain date, it has no updates. I had to call Amazon after so many weeks of waiting, and they sent me another package. It was odd because I normally order stuffs from them. I never had problems with them until this order. Anyways, it's all settled and I'm still ordering stuffs from them ☺. I got Bill O'reilly's A Bold Fresh Piece of Humanity for my husband. He's not really into reading but he likes to read books by Bill O'reilly.
I am currently working on my US Citizenship application, so I bought the book Becoming a U.S Citizen by NOLO to get more information in filling up the application forms and about the other important details. When I was working on my K-1 Visa or Fiance' Visa, the 2nd edition of Fiance' & Marriage Visas book by NOLO has helped us a lot. I ordered the book from the official website of Nolo and was able to save some bucks. Searching for coupons online has been part of my online shopping. Before I buy something, I usually use the search engine to search for coupons for that specific product that I'm wanting to buy. It saves me money every time. There are times when you can't find coupons for a specific product, especially when there's no promotions at that time but believe me, there are bunch of online coupons you can use for more savings. You'd be surprise.
Anyways, one day when we were doing our grocery shopping, I got the book Learning Express' English To The Max (1200 Questions to Maximize Your English Power) from Sam's Club. English is not my first language and I was really not into our English classes, until maybe around 3rd year college. It was a shame because I remember our class always having the best English teachers. You can't just blame the teachers you know? Especially when students don't have much interest about the subject. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the subject. It was just boring for me (that time). I am more into Math. Today, I am into anything and everything. Self-improvement is never too late.
What's The Love Dare? I have not started reading it but I have an idea what the book is about. Last January, we were watching the movie Fireproof. Have you seen it? If you haven't yet, watch it. It's a great movie to watch. Watch it with your special someone, whether you are married, in a relationship or single. The movie Fireproof has a very strong message and tackles important issues not only about marriage but about relationships in general. The story of Fireproof gives so many lessons. It has become one of my few favorite movies of all time. It was in the movie when I learned about The Love Dare. It will rekindle or remind yourself about your commitment. Will you be able to withstand problems when it come to your relationships? Sometimes after so many years in a relationship, two people who use to be so in love with each other drift apart. Will you be able to hang on with your promises and demonstrate your love over and over again to a person that's no longer receptive to your love? Will you remain strong? Are you committed enough to withstand everything? The movie tag say, "NeverLeave Your Partner Behind". And I say, "Amen".
That's all for today. I hope you all have a nice day.
I heard this song on American Idol last week when Carrie Underwood guested and sung this song with Randy Travis. I fell in love with it this song. Carrie Underwood version is simply beautiful. This song kinda make me sad but I love listening to it. It has a beautiful melody and the message is kinda piercing my heart. Aw! I wont be the one singing though, I'd be the one that says "I told you so........" except that I have not found somebody new. Play the video below to hear the song.
I Told You So (Carrie Underwood)
Suppose I called you up tonight and told you that I loved you And suppose I said "I wanna come back home". And suppose I cried and said "I think I finally learned my lesson" And I'm tired a-spendin' all my time alone.
If I told you that I realised you're all I ever wanted And it's killin' me to be so far away. Would you tell me that you loved me too and would we cry together? Or would you simply laugh at me and say:
"I told you so, oh I told you so I told you some day you come crawling back and asking me to take you in I told you so, but you had to go Now I found somebody new and you will never break my heart in two again".
If I got down on my knees and told you I was yours forever Would you get down on yours to and take my hand? Would we get that old time feelin', would we laugh and talk for hours The way we did when our love first began?
Would you tell me that you'd missed me too and that you'd been so lonely And you waited for the day that I return. And we'd live in love forever and that I'm your one and only Or would you say the tables finally turned?
Would you say:
"I told you so, oh I told you so I told you some day you come crawling back and asking me to take you in I told you so, but you have to go Now I found somebody new and you will never break my heart in two again".
"Now I found somebody new and you will never break my heart in two again".
I was watching the first performance night of American Idol Season 8 Top 13 lastnight. My favorite performance lastnight was that of Adam Lambert. It was Michael Jackson's week and he sung the song entitled Black And White with an enormous stage presence and voice. Actually, I think the American Idol judges done a really good job in the selection process and I think all the Top 13 contestants are really good. My most favorite this year is Danny Gokey but I also like Adam Lambert and he just blew me away lastnight. Check out his performace lastnight. Watch the video below.
American Idol Adam Lambert sings Michael Jackson's Black And White (March 10, 2009)
Have you changed your clock time yet? Lastnight we're supposed to set our time (again), one hour forward. I think my husband took cared of it already.
Well, I'm excited for the coming of Spring season. I missed the beautiful flowers in my garden. The tulips and daffodils, along with the colorful pansies are blooming good but the garden still looks lonely. I'm used to the changing of the season. I guess i'm just being so anxious and wondering if the Perennial flowers that we planted last year will come back again this spring.
Anyways, I'm just posting to remind you about the Spring forward time. Have a great day!
I didn't do much this weekend. I just painted some gnomes and garden statues, cleaned the garden a little bit and trimmed some plants. I got motivated in re-painting some of them because all of the tulips we planted last fall, are blooming. I created a couple more jewelry beads and have them ready for sale too. Other than that, it's all a Supernatural weekend. I spent most of my time in bed watching all of Dad's most recent recorded episodes of my favorite series. I watched eight episodes.
I like these two brothers, (I got a crush on them...shhhh!), Dean and Sam Winchester (played by Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki). These brothers are always on the road fighting creatures from horror stories and urban legends. It's entertaining and I love every episode's wicked sense of humour. How I love Supernatural.
We had one week sweet escape. We went to Suwanee, GA and spent our valentines day at Helen, Georgia. For 3 days, we enjoyed several activities at the beautiful small town, an Alpine village in North Georgia. It's a great vacation spot year-round. The three days at Helen, Georgia were too short for me. We were wanting to see more and have more fun but we have to go back home because of work. I must say that we did enjoy our stay there.
If you and you're friends are wanting to visit Helen, Georgia, here are some things you can do there. I am sure you will enjoy the place.
Things to do in Helen, Georgia:
1. Enjoy the Cool River Tubing. This is one of the most popular things to do in Helen, GA. This is a very fun activity but you can't enjoy this much during winter season, the water will be way too cold. You can have a very relaxing and exciting time floating down the scenic Chattahoochee River for one or couple of hours. The Chattahoochee River runs through downtown Helen. In fact, many restaurants have decks over the rivers, people can enjoy dining and the view of the river. You can check out more about this at http://www.coolrivertubing.com/main.asp
2. Visit Unicoi State Park. Unicoi is one of Georgia's most beloved state parks. It is located two miles from the Alpine village of Helen, where we stayed. If you're an outdoor person, you will surely enjoy hiking and biking on the scenic mountain trails. During autumn, the park gives very colorful views. There are numerous picnic tables located throughout the park. We paid a pass good for one day that cost $3 at the self-pay ticket booth. The park pass payment is per vehicle. You can find great information about Unicoi at http://www.gastateparks.org/info/unicoi/
3. Head on to the beautiful Anna Ruby Falls. Located just north of the Unicoi state park, you'll find the rare double falls. You will enjoy some pleasant and clear mountain scenery and have your camera ready for these awesome falls. You can also enjoy picnicking, or go more hiking for more nice views to watch. There is a parking fee for cars. If I remember right, it cost $3 also. It's well worth visiting. The fee and pass for Anna Ruby Falls is not valid for Unicoi State Park. Please check for the updated fees.
4. Reach the summit of The Brasstown Bald. You can drive to up to the Brasstown Bald and walk a couple of steps to reach the summit. The scenic overlook is just amazing. Different season gives different views. Whatever season it is, the view is just wonderful. It would be better if you go there not during foggy days, so you can really enjoy the view but, if you're in Helen, Georgia be sure to really visit this site because even if you go there during foggy days, reaching the summit will still be unforgettable. Brasstown Bald is is Georgia's highest mountain. It is rising 4784 feet above sea level.
5. Enjoy panning at Dukes Creek Gold and Ruby Mines. Yes you can pan for gold and screen for gems like rubies, sapphires and emeralds. The mine is run by extremely nice and helpful attendants. They know a lot about gems and precious metals and the industry. They'll show you how to pan for gold and gems. You pick a bucket that are reasonably priced according to what types of stones are in there. You sift through it and pick out the stones. Take a peek at their website's photo gallery at http://www.dukescreek.com/gallery.htm and see what treasures some of their customers found.
6. Enter the Charlemagne's Kingdom. You will see the largest model railroad in Georgia. I enjoyed watching it myself. The scaled miniature Alpine model landscape and railroad layout is amazingly beautiful. You'll love the railroad track, and the tiny electric trains running around and the tiny hot air balloons floating, the cute ring circus, mountains, lakes, rivers, and villages populated with replicas of buildings that can be found in Germany. When you're done watching the beautiful railroad model, you can buy nice gifts at the gift shop.
7. Have fun playing mini-golfs. You can visit Alpine Helen Mini-Golf, a 18-hole miniature golf course located at the south end of Helen. We really enjoyed our visit here. We played miniature golf at night and there's not much people during that time. There's an ice cream parlor beside this mini-golf place called Scoop De Scoop Ice Cream Parlor. You can visit their website at http://www.helenalpineminigolf.com. Another fun place to play mini-golf is at Pirate Cove Adventure Golf. The place is also beautiful, a good place to take pictures too under cascading waterfalls. It has some huge pirate statue around the golf course. We did not enjoy our games here because there were a lot of people playing. We were actually in a hurry to finish every course because there were other people waiting for their turn. It was crowded but other than that, the place is really nice. I guess we had a bad timing, maybe playing mini-golf during daytime was a bad idea. There are many Pirate Cove Adventure Golf around the country. The one in Florida is really nice too. Beautiful landscape. We enjoyed playing there during our vacation last year. You can learn more about Pirate Cove Adventure Golf at http://www.piratescove.net.
8. Visit the historic Nora Mill Granary. I learned that this grain mill and shop first opened in 1876. Did you know that the original water mill is still in operation? Interesting. You can tour the facilities and see the water-powered process. You can also purchase corn mill, grits, and biscuit-and-gravy mix. There's an on-site gift shop where you can purchase some gift items for your love ones and friends.
9. See the Bears at the Black Forest Bear Park. It's interesting. The bears are adorable.
10. Enjoy the specialty shops in Helen, GA. There are a lot of awesome shops around. You can also relax in a beer-garden, enjoy German bands, food, and more fun.
11. Don't miss the Horses. You can ride on the horse and carriage around. I miss this one and some other things. It was so crowded last Valentines week but I'm definitely hoping to visit Helen, Georgia again. Hopefully in another season, maybe Spring or Fall.
12. If you want to witness the Oktoberfest, make sure to visit Helen, Georgia starting middle of September. I learned that the entire town participates in the Oktoberfest. You'll love the cold beer and hot off the grill German-style wursts (sausages). The fun and memorable parade is an awesome attraction.
There are a lot of things to do in Helen, Georgia that I have not mentioned yet. I'll write Things to do in Helen, Georgia 2 and more pictures soon.
A “favicon” is that that small icon to the left of a website’s address bar and browser tabs when visitors view your website or webpage. You can read my previous post “What is a Favicon” to learn more about it. It is easy to create a favicon. Below is a step by step guide to create a favicon for your blog or website.
1. Create an image of your choice, that’s 16×16 pixels in size. Keep in mind that your favicon should be something that reflects the idea, theme or color of your website, something that your readers will associate with the site. This is one of the main reason why most webmasters uses their site’s logo. Other website publishers and bloggers uses a more unique icon for easier branding. I am using my blog logo as my favicon. Just a quick tip, since favicon is a very small icon, you might want to consider a simpler graphics.Your site’s logo will work great but you can also try using your site’s initial. It’s all up to you. Hey, it’s your site, create your website’s favicon however you wish.
What I always do when I am creating a favicon, I make a bigger square size image. Say 600 x 600 square pixels or 1000 x 1000 square pixels, just to make work easier. Once I am done creating, I resize my file to 16×16 pixels. If you decide to use your blog logo, just resize it and you’re ready for the next step.
2. Save your created file as an ICO file or a GIF file. If you do not have a graphics software like Photoshop, Microsoft Digital Image Pro, PhotoImpact Pro, Jasc Paint Shop Pro, Ulead PhotoImpact and the likes, you can use some free favicon generator tools available online. You can check my list in my other post.
3. Upload your favicon ico file or gif file to your website or blog. If you are using Blogger, you can read my post “How to Add Favicon to Blogger” for the steps. If you are using Wordpress, please read “How to Add Favicon to Wordpress” for a more detailed steps. Don’t worry it’s not difficult.
4. Refresh your blog and ting! ding! You should be able to see your site’s favicon. Enjoy!
Sometimes the wind of change brings more joy and better fortune than we can even imagine. I don't like changes especially to something I get use to already but if the sudden changes bring peace of mind and happiness to more people then I'll embrace the changes with all my heart.
I am watching what I am eating and counting food calories. Call me shallow, but I just recently started my regular exercise using our stationary bike. I'm riding the bike 30 minutes in the morning and another 30 minutes in the evening. I'll eventually increase the length as days go by or probably add other exercises too to get and maintain my ideal weight. I feel better when I weigh 112 pounds. Right now, my weight is 129 pounds.
I normally don't care about how much calories, salt and fats my foods have. But I realized that 30 minutes ride under a riding in a park program will only burn around 170 calories. Do the math! it takes a little longer to burn calories equivalent to what a can and a half regular soda drink contains. Now, that thought made me minimize my soda intake. Today, I burned 329 calories. I know, it's small. I intend to increase it everyday, and minimize food intake.
I hope I will not get lazy and get tired from this exercise. I'm already tempted by the idea that I sweat more just doing my fun dancing than riding in my stationary bike. I just want this exercise to be part of my routine. Wish me luck guys!
I had a slight headache after printing all my 2008 Paypal transactions. I printed all my online income for the entire year, getting them ready for the incoming filling of income tax return. While doing so, I have thought of a more organize ways to do for next income tax filling. I was not very detailed and organized with my paper works last year and I vowed to make this year an easy one. Good thing that I can gather a copy of most of my records online. I'm almost done, I just have to add some of the other stuffs and when I get ready, pass it to my husband and process it online. We usually submit our ITR by February, every year.
Have you started your income tax return paperwork yet?
Are you ready for the new season of American Idol? I am. Tonight, American Idol is back on Fox channel. This is their eight season. I am excited to see the audition. I know it'll be fun to watch another set of hopefuls and I'm sure there will be funny moments, as usual. I am also excited to see the new idol judge, Kara DioGuardi. I still wonder how they are gonna settle their pick. You know there will be 4 idol judges now, and I wonder what happens when two judge says "no" and the other two says "yes". Who has the final say?,
I'm not really a TV person. Unlike my bestfriend Marie, I am not fond of watching soaps and other TV programs but I am crazy for a couple of programs, like Chef Ramsey's Hells Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares and this, American Idol. I'm loving it.
Are you an emotional eater? A lot of people are and I think I'm one of them. When emotional turmoil hits me and I am facing difficult situations, I usually turn to foods. And the result? I gain weight. I'm glad that my body structure helps me a lot. I never go beyond 133 pounds, but me being short, I still look a little heavier.
If you're also an emotional eater, you might find this article entitled Emotional Eating: 3-step Cure helpful. This blog post written by a life and wellness coach has help me control my eating during those troublesome moments.
Let's welcome 2009 with smiles in our faces and hopes in our hearts. This year, 2009, is the year of the Earth Ox according to Chinese Astrology.
According to Lao Tzu, "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step ". So let us start this new year that's full of possibilities with the right mind set for a better tomorrow. Keep the good wishes and keep the faith burning!